Performance Forum

Honda J V6 engine swap

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Greatoz Gary Gross
Buford, GA, USA   USA
Hello my name is Gary, I am starting this topic because i believe there is a need to have more power in the Miata. The car has excellent handling and balance. I believe there is a need for better performance without causing handling problems such a putting in a big V8 in the front. the Honda aluminum V6 is ideal for this car in both automatic and standard.the conversion i am making uses the miata motor mounts and leaves the power steering and crossmember in tact. You don't have do any welding.This would be good for the wife to get groceries or him on track days. If you have any interest call or text me at (607)742-4274 Thank You, Gary

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

IMG_1497.JPG    66.1 KB

Manana Avatar
Manana Steve Wten
Thornhill, ON, Canada   CAN
Hey Gary, sounds like a great project.

I'm sure you have this figured out but I haven't read much about these engines. What tranny would you use to get this as rear wheel drive? I truly have no idea but am interested.

I put a Miata engine and tranny into my Spitfire but always looking for other options.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links