MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

What did you do with your MX5/Miata today?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

samsonsg303 Avatar
samsonsg303 Stanley Samson
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1992 Mazda MX-5 "Red Lady"
1998 Chrysler Sebring "Converti"
2004 Kia Amanti "Monty"
2012 Lexus ES "My Hybrid"
I drove my 92 Miata down to the car wash and sprayed off all the dust from it sitting for three months. Then I drove it back and reparked it in the parkade at my building.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1Hilltopmike Avatar
1Hilltopmike Michael Adams
Abilene, TX, USA   USA
I washed it. Dried it. I'm entering it in a little local car show tomorrow. I did the same thing, for the first time, last Saturday. Didn't win anything, but had good fellowship with my fellow car club members. The Texas Roadrunners.

chickmd173 Charlie Davis
Cynthiana, KY, USA   USA
2006 Mazda MX-5 "Mimi"
Had to have the top replaced. The two straps that control where the top folds as it is lowered had torn free of the top causing leaks. Dealer was no help at all stating that Mazda no longer made the convertible top for my 06 (hard to believe). Went to Coachcraft in Lexington KY. They did an excellent job.
Have been adding chrome accents from IL Motorsport and Moss Miata.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
samsonsg303 Avatar
samsonsg303 Stanley Samson
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1992 Mazda MX-5 "Red Lady"
1998 Chrysler Sebring "Converti"
2004 Kia Amanti "Monty"
2012 Lexus ES "My Hybrid"
Good for you. I replaced the top on my 1992 three years ago. Got a local shop in Victoria BC, Tommy's Upholstery to do it. $1400. Really only the rear window had gone brown and was cracking but the top was 23 years old.

Never thought of dealers first, only upholstery companies.

Replaced a front driver's fender last summer.

Attachments:
50305143_934.jpg    45.4 KB
50305143_934.jpg

jdeatsch Avatar
jdeatsch Gold Member Jim Deatsch
Leesville, SC, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Orval Shiftright"
2002 Mazda MX-5 "Two Zoom"
Nothing constructive.

I went out and opened the hood and admired the area.

Jim

It's 5 oclock somewhere. Scott Kalitta

1Hilltopmike Avatar
1Hilltopmike Michael Adams
Abilene, TX, USA   USA
Today. Nothing. Nor Yesterday. On the 9th I drove it from Abilene TX to Texas Motor Speedway to see an Indy Car Race. I had the windows tinted the week before I went and that really made a difference in the air conditioning. I've been to several NASCAR races but never an Indy Car race. I've no desire to ever go to another Indy Car Race. The cars are so low to the ground and so fast that you really can't follow the race on the track. Of coarse you can see it on the Big Screen at the track. But. If I were going to do that, why spend the money? I can watch it on TV at home for free. After the race, I enjoyed driving back to Abilene TX.

Attachments:
20170728_124859.jpeg    44.2 KB
20170728_124859.jpeg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2001 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links