MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

Add air to flat tires

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Torrington, CT, USA   USA
I can’t fig out the valve stem set up on my 98 Mazda. There are small caps on the rim. Removing them there is a valve no stem. How or what is used to put air in it. Is there a tool. I acquired it after my girlfriend husband passed away. ( wait he passed away 1st then she became my girlfriend ) car starts and runs. Been sitting 4 years. All 4 tires are soft. Need air please help.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rewind Les W
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK   GBR
The valves are exactly the same as a mountain bike tyre valve. Take the caps off and use either a good hand (stirrup) pump or a compressor to inflate the tyres.

Torrington, CT, USA   USA
I can’t connect my compressor to the strater valve ( air valve ) . I work at Lowes. I sell compressors and accessories. Nothing will allow me to connect it
Is there an adapter? This all that is preventing me from driving it. The tires are flat. You say bicycle pump. My bike has a rubber tube sticking out of the rim. This is below the rim in a hole.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rewind Les W
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK   GBR
Take a wheel off and take it to a tyre workshop and see if they can help, I can't solve that from here.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2012 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links