MX5 Miata Tech Forum

small oil leak in my 2002 NB MX-5

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

small oil leak in my 2002 NB MX-5
  This topic is about my 2002 Mazda MX-5
littleyellowone ED Bradshaw
Oshawa, ON, Canada   CAN
i have a small oil leak in my mx-5 and cant seem to find where its coming from My mechanic put die in the oil and suggested replacing the valve cover gasket which i did but its still leaking a small bit of oil and we dont know where its coming from any suggestions thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MarioO Avatar
MarioO Mario Ordonez
Fort Myers, FL, USA   USA
How do you know it is a small leak? is there oil on the floor where up? small oil leaks that are not found around the engine bay or the chassic, it could be from the rear seal where the flywheel is bolted to the crank shaft. check where the transmission bolts onto the engine?

Jack Sparreau Alain R
Lyon, France   FRA
Hi,

I have an Mx5 NB 1998, 195000 km. I had several leaks.

From the high of the engine (oil seen on it), so valve cover gasket changed
Also oil on the floor, and after search the seals of the crankshaft (as said MarioO), front and rear, were changed. Not at the same time.
The front one need to change the camshaft timing belt kit. The rear one involved the removal of the clutch/gearbox, so I changed the clutch @ 193000 km.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1994 Mazda Miata

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links