MX5 Miata Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

LRM Luke Mayercin
Columbus, OH, USA   USA
1993 Mazda MX-5 "LRB (little Red Bomb)"
Hello.
I am the third owner of a 1993 Miata, already named the LRB for "little red bomb". I bought it last month for $2k, and after I sold my 1984 Honda Shadow motorcycle, made the effective price $1100. Not bad for a no rust Alabama car with 133K on the odometer. Since I got it, I've done pads and rotors all around, and replaced the clutch cylinders. I've also replaced the headrest speakers (2 were blown). It's a project car and hopefully a daily driver until the snow and ice arrive in Ohio.

Upcoming projects:
repaint right front fender
replace top
diagnose ABS (light is on all the time)
install long tube header given to me for a birthday present
roll bar, maybe?

It's a fun little car to go bombing around in (hence the name), and I love the economy and engineering of this car. It's VERY easy to work on as long as you have small hands and tend to be left handed. I have neither, so I have to be creative when working on it.

I'm also on miata.net, so between these 2 sites, I'll know all there is to know about these fun little cars.

Luke M

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rewind Les W
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK   GBR
Hi Luke, they are a great little car, I have a 1989 Mazda Eunos 1.6 and it is excellent. You mention that the ABS light is on all the time. I think you'll find there is no ABS on the early models and the light you are seeing is either the handbrake warning light or the brake fluid low level light.

Enjoy your new acquisition.

Les

LRM Luke Mayercin
Columbus, OH, USA   USA
1993 Mazda MX-5 "LRB (little Red Bomb)"
Thanks for the greeting.

This car DOES have ABS on it. There's an ABS brake motor on the passenger side, and sensors and toothed wheels on the wheel hubs. If I pull up on the handbrake, the red BRAKE light goes on.

This is the ANTI LOCK light just to the left. Here's photographic evidence.

Luke M

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180419_111608.jpg    39.4 KB
20180419_111608.jpg

jwood Jim Wood
Leawood, KS, USA   USA
Jwood. Leawood, KS. Bought my first Miata. 2001 BRG MX5 SE. it looks and drives great, but with 105k I’m sure I will be in need of the collective wisdom of the group. Jim

Attachments:
476FCE35-195D-4CD7-8793-E81FAE4CEAF8.jpeg    54.3 KB
476FCE35-195D-4CD7-8793-E81FAE4CEAF8.jpeg

E16193E5-876E-4C17-A7E5-36BA2DC62C13.jpeg    66.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Torrington, CT, USA   USA
Just acquired a negelted 98 Miata. I can’t fig out how to add air to the tires. It has some small caps on the rim. I removed them and there is a valve. How do I inflate the tire. The car was left in a garage by my girlfriend decessed Husban. After sitting 3 years fires right up and idles perfect. It is a soft top white 5 speed. I know nothing about it.

bryanova Bryan St Louis
Holbrook, NY, USA   USA
bryan st louis
holbrook, long island, new york

I bought a 2000 mica green miata a few years ago with 40,000 miles and in perfect shape, no scratches, dents, no rust, beautiful konig rims with 245/45/17 rubber. After adding 10,000 miles i have changed gearbox oil, engine oil 3 changes with amsoil, and put on new pads and rotors. I hand wash my little baby with Honda pro glare wash. Since buying it, nothing has gone wrong, and i am amazed at just what a remarkable car this is. It has the 5 speed tranny with the non posi traction rear. Shifts are smooth as butter.

Attachments:
IMG_20160410_140648.jpg    65.4 KB
IMG_20160410_140648.jpg

jdeatsch Avatar
jdeatsch Gold Member Jim Deatsch
Leesville, SC, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Orval Shiftright"
2002 Mazda MX-5 "Two Zoom"
Greets Ladies and Gents,

Been a member of the network since 05 as a Triumph and MG owner. Those days, thankfully, are gone and I'm now a Miata owner. (bout time).

Welcome home Jim

Jim

It's 5 oclock somewhere. Scott Kalitta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-02 06:55 PM by jdeatsch.

Attachments:
miata2.jpg    43.5 KB
miata2.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2012 Mazda MX 5 NC

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links