Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

unable to shift gears unless clutch pedal is fully released with shifter in neutral

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

arby1977 Ricky Blair
LITTLE ROCK, AR, USA   USA
I have a 2001 manual. I have replaced master and slave cylinders and bled the system successfully. In order to shift into any gear, I must fully release the clutch pedal to the top and put the shifter in neutral before I am able to shift into any gear. Only requires one release then press to the floor to work. I am unable to sit still in any gear with the clutch on the floor. I have to fully release the clutch, go to neutral, and apply the brake in order to sit still. Are there any particular switches, relays or fuses I should focus on first to solve this problem? Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dpanza david panza
somerset, PA, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
1954 MG TF
A lot of the newer transmissions require clean oil or they won't shift.. If oil is thick or very dirty it will cause this problem .. just had same problem in my Dodge Ram 5 speed .. 4 new quarts of Royal Purple 75-90 gear oil worked like a dream
Dave

rxdoc104 Avatar
rxdoc104 Richard Cimildoro
Mishawaka, IN, USA   USA
rxdoc104; Possibly problem with throw-out bearing or fork mechanism.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2013 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links