MX5World

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Market value [Quebec, CAN]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

danthehandyman Danny Benjamin
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
What is fair market value of a MX5 GT 2008

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
samsonsg303 Avatar
samsonsg303 Stanley Samson
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1992 Mazda MX-5 "Red Lady"
1998 Chrysler Sebring "Converti"
2004 Kia Amanti "Monty"
2012 Lexus ES "My Hybrid"
I have been using VMR.ca for the past 25 years and find it to be reliable when purchasing an automobile. You input the make, year and model of the vehicle. Then select the designation of the sub model and start adding amounts for accessories. Finally you select the kilometres and then calculate the selling prices. I take half of the wholesale or low price for a trade and multiply all prices by the provincial adjustment to get the final price.

This is a collection of prices across Canada from advertised dealers.

Some dealerships look me in the eye and say they have never heard of VMR. My brother-inlaw in the business (Lexus) put me on to it years ago. Some dealerships price their vehicles so that 82% to 86% of the listed price falls within vmr.ca price. I appreciate the way I can add on accessories and used kilometres to get their selling price.

Some dealerships are right on the money while others are too far off.

Buyers and sellers should find this site informative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-24 07:04 PM by samsonsg303.

Zimbo1967 Avatar
Zimbo1967 Bob Duggan
Port Alfred, Eastern Province, South Africa   ZAF
Hi Danny,

I bought one recently like the one you mention and paid a fair bit over the average market price. I did so because value doesn't necessarily equate with price to everyone and this particular one had a very low mileage, one owner and immaculate throughout. I wanted an MX5 but was choosy and waited for for what I felt was the car for me. I haven't been sorry and should this one meet your requirements go for it and have fun. Always supposing you're in the market and not selling !

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1996 Mazda Miata NA

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links