MX5World

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

GOMiata.com - beware [ON, CAN]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

diabeartes Andrew S
Toronto, ON, Canada   CAN
I don't know if this kind of post is permitted in the forums, so my sincere apologies if it's not. However I wanted to warn people about GO Miata (www.gomiata.com). Although they do have a good choice of accessories and parts for Miatas of all years and styles, their customer service is absolutely horrible.

I ordered a pair of leather arm rests, one for each door on my 04 NB. Their website says they're custom-made, and I chose black with red stitching. The price was an outrageous $89.95, but I wanted to get something nice. About 10 days later, in one of those padded postage envelopes arrived a package from Poland, with two pieces of wood that had a piece of leather pulled across the top and (very poorly) GLUED to the other side of the wood. No red stitching, and to make matters worse, the smell of the glue they used was enough to make me nauseous.

I called Go Miata's customer service and explained the situation. They say on their website that 'custom ordered' items are not returnable, however...in this instance, they were falsely advertised and of such poor quality that I wouldn't go near them. The glue smell permeated my home for over a week.

They would take them back, I was told, minus a 25% 'restocking fee'. If I had just changed my mind, or decided it wasn't what I wanted, I can understand, however I was returning because they were so rudimentary that a child could have made better in a high school woodworking shop.

I had to pay for return postage from Canada to California, so all in all I lost almost $25 in the deal. I will never shop with them again as a result and just wanted to pass the word. Customer service is everything to me.

On a more positive note, I also ordered from Moss Miata and had a SUPERB experience with them.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SecretDavid David Wisniewski
SIMI VALLEY, CA, USA   USA
Your the first person I've heard to have these experiences with GoMiata. Maybe you caught them on a bad note that day. Otherwise I've heard great things about them!

zoom2xtn Avatar
zoom2xtn Lee Davis
Johnson City, TN, USA   USA
2002 Mazda MX-5 "ZOOM ZOOM"
2008 Mazda MX-5 "ZOOM-ZOOM-ZOOM"
In this day of instant worldwide communication merchants had better give great service or the whole world will know. It was not smart of GoMiata to not give a 100% refund in this situation. It will cost them a lot of customers. I can now name two.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SecretDavid David Wisniewski
SIMI VALLEY, CA, USA   USA
You should be happy they decided to allow you to return the item. People have to high of expectations its very silly.

Virago6 Avatar
Virago6 Carl Johnson
Garner, North Carolina, USA   USA
1997 Mazda Miata NA "Peppy"
Great service, Great value. Happy with my purchase from them.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2004 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links