Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

2004 soft top [Quebec, CAN]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
Montreal, Quebec, Canada   CAN
Hi
Looking for advice on changing the soft top on my 2004 Miata.
Local parts dealer can order one from the US for 600$ +cad. Has anyone a) found a better price and b) installed themselves. Would appreciate any feedback. Looking for a tan soft top with glass rear window.

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cdice George Dice
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, USA   USA
I've been investigating getting a new top for my 01SE. I have pretty much settled on buying the Robbins cloth top with glass window. Moss has it. Not cheap - $600+ but buyers seem to like its quality and looks. Importantly, get one with the rain rail as using your old one is a pain to install (rivets) and questionable as to if it will be good for long. Also, most folks say pay someone to install it as while you can do it, there are a lot of pro tricks and knowledge that make for a proper installation. Local guy quoted me $275.

Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
Thank you! Appreciate the feedback. Found a local supplier who can order for about $650CAD and install at $300.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MiataBRG Russ Peake
Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada   CAN
Hi I also live in the Montreal area and I am in need of a new soft top. Where about did you find the dealer that can order your top and install it. Have you had it done yet, are you happy with the job done. Thanks

Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
Hi,

After much research I did find someone. Have not had it done as yet as he is busy. It's not cheap, but my top is in dire need so, I'm biting the bullet. He is located in Sorel . His name is Jean Parenten at 1-450-780-6560
He is due to call me shortly to book an appointment. He works with Robbins tops.

Good luck

MiataBRG Russ Peake
Thanks for the info. I'm in the same situation as my back plastic window has come completely unseen.

samsonsg303 Stanley Samson
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1992 Mazda MX-5 "Red Lady"
I had my top replaced on my 1992 Miata two years ago. I had a reputable upholsterer company do it for me in Victoria. Cost $1400 including the rain rail. It has a zipper rear window.

MiataBRG Russ Peake
Just to post an update, had my soft top replaced by Jean in Sorel. He did an awesome job. If you're in the market to have your soft top replaced I highly recommend you give Jean a call.

Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
can you post a pic of your new roof?

MiataBRG Russ Peake
Here are a few pictures.

Attachments:
20170720_123759.jpg    37.8 KB
20170720_123759.jpg

20170720_123811.jpg    30.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170720_123918.jpg    31.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
It looks great. I'm having mine done in a few days by him. Glad to hear your feedback.

Dutchie58 Myra Ouwendyk
Jean installed my new soft top; great work!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links