MX5World

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

WTB - BRG or Black OE Hardtop for '01 SE [CA, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PioneerMX5 Ron E
Pioneer, CA, USA   USA
2001 Mazda MX-5 "Emma"
I'm not in a rush to find this. I'm in North/Central California (Sierra foothills).

PM or e-mail me if you can help!

Thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
davzway David W
Fort McCoy, Florida, USA   USA
Have an OEM black hardtop, excellent shape with rolling cart and nylon cover, glass window has defog wiring- BUT a real big but is 3000 miles near Ocala Florida.Best offer over $1,000. davzway not in hurry either, still have 92 (LONG LONG story).

ps: only difference is hardware on car, 2001 needs hardware on car for that year, the Hardtop is the same, only difference is mounting stuff.

update: 01/28/2017 The mechanic who ruined a perfect 1992, finally paid off the Court Judgement, NOW after three years have NA Parts for sale.

This OEM Black color hardtop does have antifog wires in glass, bought a rolling rack made for the hardtop including a nylon cover. Next week going into Craigs Hardtop + metal rolling carrier + nylon cover, ALL Listed 4SALE for $1,500 OBO (Ocala Florida area, still 3k miles from CA).

FYI: have
A. Plate from radiator to nose, keeps air going through radiator- NEW never used
B. Cup Holder tray new
C. Used radiator (METAL) with double Fan had six years/25k miles when removed to install Mishimoto in 1992 (trashed has new MIshimoto, own the G-VG condition radiator / fan from previous owner restoration, sank $20k in the '92 and got cancer forced to sell)
D. Set of VG condition ORIGINAL factory Set of Four wheels with Hubcaps that came on '92

e. Making list, there's more smaller stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-31 02:06 PM by davzway.

davzway David W
Fort McCoy, Florida, USA   USA
Need common carrier, power lift tail gate likely, BIG issue is the hardtop with glass rear window needs to be wood crated to ensure it survives the journey.. ALL the shipping businesses are NOT equipped to build a wood crate and it's something I don't have space to do anymore Working on it,, but I don't want you to hold back on another purchase.. Let me know IF you buy or no longer interested, and I will advise if the shipping situation changes.

Have a feeling the top, at least with a crate will exceed 100# and shipping to CA from FL is about as far as it gets. (selling on gunbroker use CA for shipping to lower 48 and refund the extra when someone is close,, it's about as expensive as it gets) dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
PioneerMX5 Ron E
Pioneer, CA, USA   USA
2001 Mazda MX-5 "Emma"
Dave,

Thanks for checking things out. I did indeed find a 'local' hardtop a couple of weeks ago, so I don't need any further pursuit.

- Ron

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1989 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links