MX5World

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

FS Miata luggage rack [Georgia, USA] SOLD

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jim Hodgkiss Avatar
McDonough, Georgia, USA   USA
Removed from a 94 Miata na, pictured here on a 2000 nb asking $80 + shipping
Will take it apart for a lower shipping cost, will except paypal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 08:45 AM by Jim Hodgkiss.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSC01229.JPG    30.8 KB
DSC01229.JPG

davzway David W
Fort McCoy, Florida, USA   USA
That's a good deal for that rack- it's $200 'n shipping, (own one which is on my 2011 NC PRHT touring, it'll hold 50#, limit is truck lid , not rack) BUT, PLEASE if you own one, do NOT attach bungee cords or tie downs to the front to rear slats. Those front /rear flat slats are good for holding luggage in place and off the truck lid BUT ,, MY OPINION AS GENERAL CONTRACTOR WITH ENGINEERING BACKGROUND, THERE'S A DESIGN FLAW IN GROMMET USED IN FRONT AND REAR ROUND MAIN SUPPORT BAR THAT THE FLAT SLATS ATTACH TO. There is NO, repeat No real strength if UPWARD force is applied.. Look at your's as this is something the mfgr. may have changed, grey plastic grommet in round left/right main bars which fit in bracket attached to trunk lid with screws through slat into grommet- like mine)

MY RACK- Someone had purchased mine earlier, messed up putting it together, then returned to supplier who in turn accepted the box and resold to me. Kudo's to MOSS Miata,( a super outfit to buy Miata or any auto parts from -- MossMiata is where I've spent mucho $$$$$ , like a $number with three zeros after it worth over past two-three years ) and MOSS , despite fact the rack was bought by me nearly a YEAR ago (part of long story on '92) earlier , Moss Miata was going to give FULL credit towards their sending a new rack replacement; leaving on vacation, I called later and cancelled the return , having decided to Rebuild rack with new hardware on slats to have luggage rack for a trip using Miata o Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mtns,

This is a nice rack, looking nearly identical to one owned on MGB in 60's, but i wouldn't count on those flat slats grommet/fastener design to hold a $2 bag in place. The ONLY reason for all these words is MAYBE it will help someone avoid finding their luggage strewn on the highway or worse causing an accident, having read these words. Attach to front and rear round bars going side to side,,using those round supports for your main hold down too keep your luggage... or whatever ... where you intended, Off the soapbox and apologize for going off topic with way TOO MUCH information. davzway

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2006 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links