MX5World

Performance Forum

First upgrade advice

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dr.Lightman558 Denis Lightman
Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)   HRV
I have an mx5 mk2 and want to buff it up a bit from it's stock 108hp... considering it's first upgrade, i've been researching cold air intake systems... k&n's tycoon kit seemed perfect for the first upgrade, but i want to hear some professional opinions not just myself and google filling my head with perhaps wrong ideas. It's my first ever car that i plan to upgrade and tune.

A big thanks in an advance!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SebbyA1sina Avatar
SebbyA1sina Sebastian Alsina
Miami, Florida, USA   USA
If I'm honest, I wouldn't recommend playing with the intake system. Although some people have managed to have good intake systems, the reason I wouldn't recommend it is that Mazda system itself is great. The Air Intake allows for COLD air to enter, and if you put an aftermarket intake, most of the time, the heat shields become unbearably hot, which after a while will hinder your performance. In addition, some aftermarket intakes don't even come with heat shields, to begin with. Lastly, your intake for the MX-5 NB has the headers right next to the intake, so you'd be putting hot air into the intake which is a big no. You'd be better off doing an exhaust kit first.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2016 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links