MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

What did you do with your MX5/Miata today?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nissanjuke Avatar
nissanjuke Graham Shaw
Wakefield, united kingdom, UK   GBR
1990 Mazda MX-5 "Maz"
No better feeling than driving across the countryside in a mx5 miata.....EXHILARATING..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
1-IMG_0063.jpg    52.7 KB
1-IMG_0063.jpg

mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
New tires from tire rack. Michelin pilot sport a/s 3's in 215x45x17. much better ride, quiet too. Pretty sure the tires on my 2008 were original, loud and hard tires from the factory. very happy now.

Attachments:
image.jpg    45.5 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    73.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpg    70.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
Tried to fit my new factory mud guards that are painted to match the car. Beware, if you have the appearance package with side rails and bumpers the factory oem mud guards will not fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 06:29 PM by mowog70.

mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
Albion, Indiana, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC
Day trip to Lake Winona, Indiana for lunch with friends....70 degrees and sunny, it was the perfect top down day for us...!!!!!!

Drew

Attachments:
Miata Winona.jpg    33.1 KB
Miata Winona.jpg

Madison, Alabama, USA   USA
Today I bought a torque wrench and breaker bar in preparation for my Miata's 60k Required Maintenance. She's got 84K and I'm the second owner. The first owner didn't have this done. So better safe than a blown engine right? The 60K Maintenance involves: changing the Timing belt, tensioner & spring, ildler, cam and crank seals. While I'm at it I plan to put in a new water pump since I will be right there. The local Mazda shop wanted over $1,700 to do this. That's about half of the cars value!

This is gonna be a project car. Lots of projects!

taagman Avatar
taagman Taag Hage
SF bay area, California, USA   USA
2004 Mazda MX-5 "My New Best Friend"
I gave an assist to my tiny sun visors today; I got a 10% limo tint over the top of the windshield to the limit that the state of CA would allow. It has helped keep the sun out of my face as a result. I recommend doing it to any car if you know a good window tinting place in your area.

Attachments:
fullsizeoutput_f93.jpeg    29 KB
fullsizeoutput_f93.jpeg

Madison, Alabama, USA   USA
Brakes and rotors on my 1999

karmatourer John Pettinari
Fort Myers, Florida, USA   USA
I bought it! A '99 black/black/black 5sp. with under 26k miles. Couldn't be happier. It's my 3rd.

Lotoy Jason Morgan
Newmarket, TN, USA   USA
New radio head unit and took all back roads to work.

taagman Avatar
taagman Taag Hage
Yesterday, I finally found a hard top for my NB with a rear window defroster. Today, I dropped the hard top off to have it 'wrapped'. It is going to be a grey carbon fiber pattern.
I will post pictures when I get it back tomorrow.... and hopefully get it a wash first... LOL

taagman Avatar
taagman Taag Hage
Here's the hard top with the carbon fibre wrap.

samsonsg303 Stanley Samson
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1992 Mazda MX-5 "Red Lady"
Bought a new driver's side front fender for my 1992 Miata, had it r&r ed and painted red.

My son, about 8 years ago put a dent in it turning out of a parking space at college. I could see how it happened so not a big deal.

He went away to university in Hawaii, so I planned of giving him the Miata, dent and all, when he returned. Well he is not coming back.

Repair cost was estimated at $1100 for such a little dent so I left it until this year. It turned out to be cheaper by $280 to buy a new fender rather that have the dent removed.

Car looks new again and it is all mine.

Pictures at 11.

HillBill Avatar
HillBill Bill R
Cookeville, Tennessee, USA   USA
I bought some of that F11 TopCoat that I've seen advertised online and am going to put my third coat on today. Much easier than the regular wax and polish routine, and seems to shine pretty good. Just hope it works as good as the reviews say it does. Anyone else out there tried this stuff?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1999 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links