MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

What did you do with your MX5/Miata today?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you repair or replace some worn out parts?
Add a new accessory or performance part? Give it a good cleaning?
Take it out for a drive on twisty back roads?

What did YOU do with your Mazda Miata or MX-5 today?

Post your update below......

Webmaster, MX5 Miata World

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
well it looks like owning a mx5 is going to be a dream compared to owning a MGB. everyone must be out driving and enjoying their cars unlike over at the mgexp where cars are being repaired and tinkered with on a regular basis. to be fair my 1970 mgb has required nothing since 2000 except turn the key and drive, and a couple of oil changes here and there. looking forward to finding out what owning a mx5 is all about. mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 07:28 AM by mowog70.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
Albion, Indiana, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC
After owning and enjoying MG's for 45 years, last year we too decided to try the MX5 experience and I have to say that I am totally impressed with the car and very pleased with our purchase decision. Although our MG's were fun and reliable they did required much more attention than the cars of today with their modern technology.

Our 2014 MX5 is a pure joy to drive and has the many creature comforts typical of todays cars and not dreamed of when our MG's were on the dealer's showroom floors. For sure the top is an Engineering marvel and driver comfort is at the least "excellent".

A "job well done" to the Mazda folks in designing a two seat sports car so reminiscent of the MGB but with the creature comforts and performance to make top down touring still so enjoyable.

Hope you continue to enjoy yours Michael....we sure love ours....!!!!!!!

Drew

Attachments:
308.jpg    50 KB
308.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
What colour is that Drew? Doesn't look like pure black, bit of metallic? Looks really good

Skye

Member Services:
mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC
Hi Skye,

It is "Meteor Gray" (metallic) with the "Spicy Mocha (Brown)" interior....a combination we really like. Thanks for the compliment on our MX5 and more importantly....thanks again for all your hard work providing us with these forums.....!!!

Drew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Nice, I'll have to make a note of that colour code.

I love providing these platforms for the auto community, I'd love to see more posts on mx5world.com so if you have absolutely anything to post (photos, fixes, upgrades, etc) please start as many new topics as you'd like!

Skye

In reply to # 337795 by mowog2 Hi Skye,

It is "Meteor Gray" (metallic) with the "Spicy Mocha (Brown)" interior....a combination we really like. Thanks for the compliment on our MX5 and more importantly....thanks again for all your hard work providing us with these forums.....!!!

Drew

Member Services:
mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC
Will do Skye.....!!!! Seems for sure that the MX5 crowd are not as active in the forums as their MG brothers and sisters.....guess maybe we spend more time driving and less time working on or talking about them.... smiling smiley

I find it interesting that there initially was a national organization supporting the marque and endorsed/sponsored by Mazda but that faltered and there hasn't been anything that fell into place to replace it.....what I would have expected was an organization structured like the NAMGBR (which is EXCELLENT for MG owners) but there is none comparable for the MX5. Likewise I would have thought a national meet would have been in order and well supported but the only thing I have found of a like nature is the Canadian gathering put on by the Ottawa group...... thinking very seriously of going to this one.

http://ottawamiata.net/C2M2-2015/

Drew

mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC
Oooops, almost forgot the original question in the thread..... "What did you do with your MX5/Miata today.....". It was time to check it over and top up the battery prior to it's first true driving season..!!!

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-17 06:07 PM by mowog2.

Attachments:
392.jpg    34.1 KB
392.jpg

mowog70 michael long
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
Drew, love the color of your car. That is the perfect color. It was quite a shock to see the low numbers, and the time of the last post on the mx5 site compared to the mgexp. Guess we are spoiled more than we know on the mg site. I have to say I am seriously considering letting my MGB, I've owned since 1973, go. Anyway, here is what I drove 9.5 hrs. one way for, last Tuesday. The car is a pleasure to drive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 09:32 PM by mowog70.

Attachments:
image.jpg    42.5 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    42.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpg    43.5 KB
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Unlike MGExp there are two very large Miata/MX5 websites that existed before I launched MX5World, so it's a big challenge to build a brand new community here but I think the software platform is better (of course I would), so it's just a matter of drawing new members. I've just launched some ad campaigns so we'll get some new members soon and I hope they join in the conversations. Feel free to start new topics about anything & everything MX5/Miata related, new topics get published on our Facebook and Twitter news feeds, which in turns draws more visitors, it's a virtuous cycle grinning smiley

Skye

Member Services:
mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC
Thank you Michael...!!!!! Congrats on your new car, looks great......they are indeed a great driving car for sure and you are going to love it. Please let me know what you think of the fuel fill door as I am considering one too. Tough decision to part with your B..... sad smiley

Drew

mowog70 michael long
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
Drew, i guess i was not aware the fuel door was anything special. now i see the stock fill door is body color. does the stock fuel filler door open by hand, or is it remote open also? i like the look of the filler door, it gives the car a little british sports car look. as for as the MGB goes, it doesn't eat much sitting in the garage, but the space could be used for something else. i know i would regret selling it, the moment it was gone. am even considering adding on to the garage, but underground utilities are a problem. your MGC is looking beautiful. is it the original color? i have to admit i was considering a sorted out MGB GT instead of the mx5, but the miata won out. mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 08:05 AM by mowog70.

mowog2 Avatar
mowog2 Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC
Hi Michael,

The standard fuel door on our Miata is remote operated...just like yours...I like the look yours offers.

Our C was painted "Pale Primrose" and was an all original/never rusted or accident damaged example I found in Reno, Nevada. It went through a comprehensive restoration after we bought it in 2004 and in July 2014 we sold it to MG enthusiasts from Charlotte, North Carolina. Just prior to this, in June of 2014, it went to it's last car show in our ownership (MG2014-French Lick, Indiana) and placed second in concours. After 45+ years of working on old MG's it was simply time to move on to a two seat sport touring car that was new, simple and fun to drive....the MX5/Miata fit the bill perfectly.

I certainly do miss the C upon occasion but time moves on and it is in the hands of folks who will appreciate its uniqueness and enjoy owning it.

Drew

Attachments:
002.JPG    56.6 KB
002.JPG

003.JPG    57.7 KB
Virago6 Avatar
Virago6 Carl Johnson
Garner, North Carolina, USA   USA
1997 Mazda Miata NA "Peppy"
Top down ride checking out cars for Gwen..as Peppy was originally going to be hers, but has since gravitated to Dad's side of the garage, with the key in his pocket. Got 2 queries as if it was for sale? NOPE!

mrobin Avatar
mrobin michael robinson
hendersonville, hendersonville nc, USA   USA
Last weekend I changed the plugs and wires, shift boot, air filter, fuel filter.
This weekend I'm changing the oil, question what oil do you guys use ? I was thinking Castrol GTX (it's what I use on my MG'S), but I heard
Mobil 1 is a good choice for Miatas.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2002 Mazda Miata Special Edition

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links