MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

2004 Miata Speed CD problem after installing new battery

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Vernon Vern Z
Sun City West, Arizona, USA   USA
I looked through the archives and while many have had a CD problem none were like mine. After installing the battery none of the CD buttons work but I don't have the CD ERROR message. Mine says "CDin" in small print to the left, in the center is the current time and to the right of the time are the letters "CH" . I tried disconnecting the battery again but that didn't help. Cannot remove discs that are in there. Worked fine the day before.

Thanks,

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Teb Tom Bryson
Cumming, GA, USA   USA
I have 2006 Miata with the same problem with the CD player. Then a few months later I had to replace the battery, but I had it disconnected for a few hours until I got the new one installed. The CD player started working again with out any problems. So you might want to try letting the car go through a longer reset before applying power.

Vernon Vern Z
Thanks for the reply. I did let it set for 5 minutes and it didn't make any difference so I disconnected it again and came in the house and made lunch and ate, was disconnected for maybe 45 minutes.

But I can try 2 hours, won't cost anything. I called a place in Calif today and they said it would cost $185-$285.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Teb Tom Bryson
Cumming, GA, USA   USA
Sorry that you're still having a problem, but don't be In a rush to correct it, for a little more money you can purchase a better audio system. 99% of the time I don't even listen to my audio( the motor and driving noise is more entertaining ). Sport cars of this caliber shouldn't have a radio or cup holders......HAHA

Vernon Vern Z
I disconnected the battery for 4 hours while I watched a college football game and it didn't help.

Thanks guys

Vern

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2016 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links