MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

This topic is about my 2008 Mazda MX-5
wiia WILLIAM ADAMS
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA   USA
We bought a 2008 MX-5 Grand Touring for my wife about a month ago. She loves it. She had a 61 MG Midget when we got married a long time ago, and this little car takes her back. She's having great fun running around town. There are two minor issues with the car.

First, the RF tire pressure sensor is broken and has been removed and replaced with a conventional valve stem, but of course, the tire pressure indicator now remains on. The old sensor was in the glove box; it has a broken valve stem and is not repairable. There are aftermarket OEM-equivalent sensors on the market. If the sensor is replaced with an aftermarket sensor, will the system recognize it? The aftermarket sites say so, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone on the forum has experience replacing a tire pressure sensor.

Second, and of potentially more concern is the convertible hardtop operating mechanism. It works fine, but makes clicking noises like the gears aren't quite meshing properly going up or down that just don't sound quite right to me. Any advice from forum members on convertible hardtop operation?

Any advice with the above would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1999 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links