AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tenex studs for securing boot
  This topic is about my 2005 Mazda MX-5
Zoom Zoom Avatar
Zoom Zoom Dean Thatcher
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA   USA
2005 Mazda MX-5 "Zoom"
New to the Miata and need a little help with a leather boot I picked up on EBay. The boot has 4 Tenax fasteners where the boot fastens to each door post and the bottom front sides of the convertible top stowage compartment. The small push snaps receivers immediately behind the seats, at the front top lip of the stowage compartment are no problem, they mate with the small snaps on the boot. Unfortunately, the door posts and the bottom front sides of the convertible top stowage compartment are large push snap receivers, not tenax posts. Apparently the boot was made for a earlier or later MX5??? I need the appropriate 4 Tenax studs to replace the large push snap receivers, or 4 large push snaps to replace the 4 Tenax fasteners.

Any of the above available for sale among the membership, or leads on where to obtain them at a lesser price then my Dealer quote of $20.00 apiece?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cmyers Chad M
Tampa, Florida, USA   USA
The boot you have would have came from a NA model ('90-'97). You might try one of the various part recyclers for these - Partsgroup.com Treasurecoastmiata.com or miatacentral.com

Zoom Zoom Avatar
Zoom Zoom Dean Thatcher
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA   USA
2005 Mazda MX-5 "Zoom"
Chad,

Thank you. Your suggestion to contact partsgroup.com was spot on. Tom Neel of Parts Group was helpful and knowledgeable, and he had what I have been looking for from other sources for several weeks.

Zoom

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1994 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links