MX5 Miata Tech Forum

New Miata and old MGB

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
Posed my new to me 2008 Miata along side my 1970 MGB that I just listed for sale
on the mgexp site. Good comparison of relative sizes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 07:59 AM by mowog70.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpg    49.6 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    47.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpg    48.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, Mississippi, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT
I've had both. I like them both for different reasons. The Miata is a modern,comfortable reliable car. The MGB has more of the old world feel. If I get another MGB it will be a GT. The rag top MGB's rain as much inside as out. In the rag top Miata I can keep dry. The MGB is a breeze to maintain. The Miata is a bitch.

Case in point. My radiator fan just quit on the Miata. I can barely see the dang thing much less touch it. I expect to spend hours upon hours replacing it. While there I will replace more parts than needed just because they are a bitch to access. God forbid the temp sensor ever fail.

Though the MGB has an old world rickety feel at least it's easy to service. Unfortunately the MGB is not a fix it and forget it car like the MIata.

dpanza david panza
somerset, PA, USA   USA
Just did the same thing. Bought a 75 MGB from a fellow buying a Miata. Finished the restoration and bought a 66 MGB
All said and done I was under them more than being in them. Bs are great fun but wanted something to put gas in and go ,
I love my excellent condition Miata LS

In reply to # 337880 by geezer I've had both. I like them both for different reasons. The Miata is a modern,comfortable reliable car. The MGB has more of the old world feel. If I get another MGB it will be a GT. The rag top MGB's rain as much inside as out. In the rag top Miata I can keep dry. The MGB is a breeze to maintain. The Miata is a bitch.

Case in point. My radiator fan just quit on the Miata. I can barely see the dang thing much less touch it. I expect to spend hours upon hours replacing it. While there I will replace more parts than needed just because they are a bitch to access. God forbid the temp sensor ever fail.

Though the MGB has an old world rickety feel at least it's easy to service. Unfortunately the MGB is not a fix it and forget it car like the MIata.

mazlary Larry Stivers
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
My '67 B had the paper cartridge type of oil filter rather than the modern spin-on (like in my '07 Miata). Seemed to take forever for me to find a young woman with long slender arms and small hands who was willing to service the damn thing for me.

jegliebe3 Avatar
jegliebe3 Gold Member Joe Gliebe
Cumming, Georgia, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1971 MG MGB GT V6 Conversion "None"
1976 MG MGB
1976 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
I have several MGs and an ND Miata, love them all for different and various reasons.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Mazda MX 5 NA

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links