MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pwoodham Pat Woodham
Clermont, Florida, USA   USA
Hi y'all, Got a good deal on my first MX5 last July (LOVE her!) a 2006 ragtop "silver bullet". Had to compromise for my wife and get an automatic (I keep her away from wheelbarrows, too). Restored a worn out MG Midget back in '82 which became a money pit. Owned 2 Honda S2000s in the past, had to sell as I lost much $s in the recession. Now retired I can't afford a 2000 but the MX5 fits me nicely. Flew jets in the Air Force and corporate from 1970 to 2008. Needless to say I'm an adrenaline junkie squared. Would love to race the clock in the SCCA here in Central Florida but can't afford sticky tires. Not much mods planned but a luggage rack so I can backpack my kayak. Any advice on air intake improvements would be nice. Been building engines since I was 16. hot smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
008.JPG    59.6 KB
008.JPG

Airedaler Howard N
NewcBern, NC, USA   USA
Welcome to our world. Got my first Miata in 2000.. Kept that 1992 for 16 years and a couple of weeks ago I traded up to a 2006. Wouldn't want to drive anything else.

Hurt Avatar
Hurt Bill Hurt
Leesburg/Nashville, Florida/Tennessee, USA   USA
New Member here. Have owned my Miata since new. December 1999. 63000 miles Evolution Orange LS.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MikeMilton Mike Milton
Gooderham, Ontario, Canada   CAN
2016 Mazda MX-5 "Mattie"
Hi! - Just Joined...

I'm Mike from Ontario Canada. My wife and I have had a Miata for 25 years now, beginning with a smurf blue NA, then a dark blue NB and now a 2016 ND GT in blue mica.

You can see pics here: Mattie the Miata on Flickr

AZMx-5 Tim K
Avondale, Arizona, USA   USA
Aloha, Tim K. here, just purchased a 2007 Miata MX-5 Hardtop/Conv. I will not have it until the truck delivers on Tuesday. Grey in color with 88k but it is in excellent condition. The last owner only put 3k on it in almost 4 years. All the logs are with it, serviced properly. Looking forward to having a little sports car again, had a Porsche 924 S for almost 7 years until it caught fire one morning. Completely destroyed the engine but from the firewall back it was not harmed. Looking forward to getting the low down on my MX-5 here from those who know all about it.

The Aloha greeting is because I am from Hawaii, but am now retired and live in Arizona.

Tim K.

Attachments:
2MX-5.jpg    15.1 KB
2MX-5.jpg

3MX-5.jpg    14.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
MX-5.jpg    15.2 KB
fun now Bill B
Eastern, CT, USA   USA
Bought a 06 mx5. Eastern CT. Have several other cars.

Attachments:
06miata01.jpg    68.7 KB
06miata01.jpg

Madison, Alabama, USA   USA
I've got a NB 1999 Automatic in White with a vinyl top with a tear in need of repair. I've tried several things to fix the tear but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looks like a great forum packed with information.

taagman Avatar
taagman Taag Hage
SF bay area, California, USA   USA
2004 Mazda MX-5 "My New Best Friend"
I found this 2004 on CL with 40K original miles. Life doesn't suck.

Attachments:
IMG_8039.JPG    53.3 KB
IMG_8039.JPG

fullsizeoutput_f93.jpeg    29 KB
NiTrOpt ANTONIO CABRAL
Parede, Lisboa, Portugal   PRT
Hello

I'm a new portuguese member. I already have a english convertible for 20 years (Rover), and 24 more several cars. But finally I buy a real roadster, MX-5 2.0 Sport RC, 2007 with 30000 miles. It's awesome. Here's a picture of my DJ.

Attachments:
IMG_4490.JPG    62.4 KB
IMG_4490.JPG

20002012Roadster Glen Nelson
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA   USA
My name is Glen. I have lived all over the South but now back in my hometown of Knoxville, Tennessee. I have owned two MX-5/Miata's. I had a 2000 LS. It was a great car. I modified it a lot. It ran great but after 105000 miles I traded it on a 2012 Chevy Cruze. It was a good car but I missed my MX-5/Miata. I found one that was used with 25000 miles on it. It is a 2012 MX-5 Sport. It is a little more basic than my 2000 LS but it is a great car. They added a lot of what I had put on the 2000. Dual Exhaust, Larger motor, etc. I put a K&N filter but other than that it is stock. The 2.0 puts out a lot of power.

accanove Avatar
accanove Tizi Cam
Treviso, treviso, Italy   ITA
2004 Mazda MX-5 NB "SALLY"
MX5 .....my great love, I'm not a boy, a former rally driver in 70s, a former biker in 80s, a former importer of cars, when I sit in my open mx5 I feel back boy. . A greeting to all

Attachments:
P1080711[1].jpg    52.4 KB
P1080711[1].jpg

Laysula Steve Hunt
Brixham, Torbay, UK   GBR
Hi all. Give us a wave if you see us.

Attachments:
sammy and JJs wedding 050.JPG    44.3 KB
sammy and JJs wedding 050.JPG

Grouch Hal Smith
Citrus Heights, California, USA   USA
2011 Mazda MX-5 "My Baby"
Just found this site so plan on scrounging every piece of information I can find on it. Spent 20 years of my good life in the Air Force, and settled down in Sacramento, CA. Last December, I sold my 1956 Thunderbird to a begging buyer, so went looking for a newer fun car. And, BOY, did I find it. 'Baby" is a 2011 MX-5 with electric-auto-hard-top (no soft top for me!). I was used to the TBird V-8 engine, but this little 4-banger 2L sure surprised me. It is a rocket on wheels. I am the 2nd owner with 69,000 miles. The car is in perfect condition, came to me from Sunny and dry Las Vegas. I might be interested in a tonneau cover in the future, but now I'm just waiting for some sunshine to grace us in Central California so I can drive some fun out of this new (for me) 'Baby' on old Highway 49. I'm glad to be here with you, and hope I can find some other close neighbors.

tfour Terry Nesbitt-Foster
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1999 MX5 and motorcycles 1977 BMW 75/7, 1964 AJS M18, 1957 Matchless G80.
Retired and hobby restoring classic motorcycles.

Attachments:
miata.jpg    61.3 KB
miata.jpg

Lotoy Jason Morgan
Newmarket, TN, USA   USA
Im new to the mazda world. I just got a 99 mx5. I work for import shop in knoxville tn. Ive done a ton of custom minitrucks. I ride motocross as much as possible. We also boat and wakeboard. Try to do as little work as possible

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links