MX5World

MX5 Miata Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ne2os99Miata Ernest Flores
Cornelius, Oregon, USA   USA
Jim, Nice looking car! I am still working on my 99 Miata, I had changed the O2 sensors and now I am in the process of changing out the Catalytic converter, hope that does the trick. Take care and "happy trails". Seeing the pictures of your car has made me think that I have not taken a picture of my 99, when weather gets better here in the Portland Oregon area and my car is running I will post some pictures.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
javierf Avatar
javierf Javier R
Corpus Christi, TX, USA   USA
Miata lover since 2011 when got a 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed. Wife then got a 2010 Sport NC, afterwards got a 1994 M Edition for our son.

Sold lava Orange in 2013 to install turbo on 94 NA, found too expensive so bought another 2005 MSM but gray in 2015.

Founded CC Miatas Facebook group, CC meaning Corpus Christi in TX.

I enjoy Autocrossing with my son who now owns a Honda Civic Si.

We have attended the last 4 Texas Miata Roundups (annual gatherings of Texas Miata Clubs from San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Dallas and Corpus Christi).

Other hobbies are: Amateur Radio Operator, Harley Davidson riding, and Schwinn vintage cruising.

2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (mine)
2010 Sport NC (hers)
2003 Protegé5 (ours)

Attachments:
CCAX Nov15.jpg    61 KB
CCAX Nov15.jpg

sesanders7083 Seth Sanders
Bryant, Arkansas, USA   USA
I am Seth and I just got a 2001 white Miata. I love it! It is in excellent condition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Malibu Q Avatar
Malibu Q Quentin S
Hobart, TAS, Australia   AUS
Hi, i'm Malibu Q from Tasmania, Australia. I've had my 1991 Mazda Mx-5 Malibu Gold Limited Edition since 2002.
Only 55 Malibu were sold and were the only sunburst yellow NAs available in Australia.

Also have a 1993 NA8 Mx-5 Clubman. Originally Silverstone, it's now been painted in Umbragrau, from the RAL colour range. It has the PitCrew Racing front fitted and will shortly get the matching rear.

Hi everyone :-)

SDneil Neil C
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
Neil here from San Diego, CA.
March 1, 2016 I purchased an NC, 2008 Grand Touring pictured below.
Completely in love with this car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-02 12:15 PM by SDneil.

Attachments:
IMG_2555.jpg    33.2 KB
IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg    30.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Zoomer Basil Smith
King City, California, USA   USA
1990 Mazda Miata NA "Lily"
Just a quick "hello" and short synopsis of my Miata experience:

I own three: 1990 Sport Stone Silver, 2007 Sport Red, 2016 Club Ceramic Metallic.

I race the 1990 (Lily) and plan to put the 2016 (Wilma P) on the track soon. Wife drives the 2007.

Regards,
Basil

RedRiderMX5 Avatar
RedRiderMX5 Robert Davis
Kansas City, Missouri, USA   USA
Robert Davis 2006 Mazda MX5, I love this car. Had a 1963 Triumph Spitfire it was a blast but required much more work and about 15 minutes to remove and stow the top. This MX5 is the 3rd Generation Limited Edition, with red leather, Bose Audio, Suspension Package 6 Speed Manual Transmission. It is sooo fun to drive.cool smiley

Attachments:
image.jpeg    48.6 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    50 KB
LarryinMA Avatar
LarryinMA Larry Brenner
Boylston, MA, USA   USA
Hi all,

I picked up this Midnight Blue Mica 6-speed 2001 Miata LS last month. It's in pretty good condition with only 70K miles, and it came with the matching hardtop too. We're looking forward to the nice New England spring weather, so my wife and I can go out and put some miles on it.

LarryinMA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 08:37 PM by LarryinMA.

Attachments:
2001 Mazda Miata LS.jpg    44 KB
2001 Mazda Miata LS.jpg

Kawilli Avatar
Kawilli Willy Cajucom
Newhall, CA, USA   USA
My name is Willy , a warm hello from sunny california. I just bought a sport mx5 and im loving it already .

Rewind Les W
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK   GBR
Another new member here, Les, from West Yorkshire, have a 1989 Eunos Roadster with less than 100,000 miles on the clock, just had it resprayed in the original silver, and wheels blasted and powdercoated, no rust anywhere. Since I got it I have replaced a faulty cam angle sensor, fitted new discs and pads all round and a used throttle body as the idle speed control unit on the original had failed and it was idling at about 1300rpm. I have also removed the AC compressor and fan to save some weight. Fitted a new hood in January as the zip had gone on the old one.
Have had a huge variety of cars over the years including a Triumph TR3A, AC 2 Litre, 2006 911 C4S, BMW Z3, Jaguar Mark 2 3.4, American Army M151A2 Jeep and many Series Land Rovers and early Suzuki Jeeps but I reckon for sheer practicality, fun, useable performance and economy the Eunos has been the best!

Attachments:
IMGP6805.JPG    34.5 KB
IMGP6805.JPG

IMGP6804.JPG    38.3 KB
IMGP6801.JPG    54.4 KB
Stirlin Newberry Avatar
Stirlin Newberry Stirling Newberry
Boston, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Hello.

donaldc Donald Schoengold
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Just bought a 2016 Miata Sport model. Color is ceramic. I have had it for about 2 weeks and am loving it.

I sold a 1959 race modified Bugeye Austin Healey Sprite to buy the Miata. I loved the Sprite and it was a joy to drive when it wasn't in the shop. The only mechanic that I could find in Las Vegas who could maintain the Sprite was retiring and I needed a car that was reliable. The Miata has a very Spritish feel to it but when I get into it I am confidant that it will start.

toms97miata Avatar
toms97miata Thomas Furtado
Haddam, CT, USA   USA
Always wanted a Miata but never pulled the trigger. Last July, my brother passed away suddenly at 55. His 97 Miata was special to him. He had no heirs and I wound up with his car. 103 K miles. It will be garaged always and never sold until I am too old to drive it and then only to someone who I trust to care for it.

Friz1943 Harry Frisbie
Conklin, New York, USA   USA
Hi John

I'm running the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2's, 225/45/17, and love them. Several of our club members turned me onto this brand, and I must say, you can't go wrong.

Airedaler Howard N
NewcBern, NC, USA   USA
Hello. I live in New Bern, NC and I've just traded in my 1992 Miata that I've had since 2000. My replacement is a 2006 Grand Touring model, which is a big jump up from my '92.

In reply to # 337781 by Skye Welcome to all New Members!

We're getting lots of new members every month, so if you've been lurking and not sure where to join, scroll down and reply below.
Tell us a little about yourself, your Mazda, your builds or plans, general interests, etc.

If you want to jump right in and ask a question, please click Start New Topic above.

Thanks,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1997 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links