MX5 Miata Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Glenn E Avatar
Duson, LA, USA   USA
2001 Mazda MX-5 "Mine !"
Hello from Lafayette Louisiana
Just recently bought a 2001 Miata LS with the factory sport suspension package and slip differential. But one thing I have trouble determining is that everything says it's a LS by the interior, tan interior, leather tan seats, Bose system (at lest it use too, JVC deck install but the factory cassette is still in the dash not hooked up) Contacted Mazda customer service and the reply was that it was too old to get the build sheet but did give me the build date and that it came with the sport suspension package and slip differential. Also gave me the pdf file of I guess is the spec sheet for the 2001 Miata's and all the options and what standard on each model.

The problem is if my Miata is a LS with the sport package with the slip differential according to Mazda's spec sheet the only way to have the these options on the LS it says only with the 6 speed tranny and mine is a 5 speed, so what gives ? Is the spec sheet wrong or do I have a base model ? Or could some previous owner dropped the 6 speed and went back in with a 5 speed ?

Hell I didn't figure it would be so hard to figure out what I have sitting in my driveway................... confused smiley

Thanks for any information that ya'll can pass my way

Glenn

PS: That is not the original top, just put that one on 2 weeks ago the original was glass with defrost

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-04 10:14 PM by Glenn E.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
New Top.JPG    59.6 KB
New Top.JPG

Glenn E Avatar
Duson, LA, USA   USA
2001 Mazda MX-5 "Mine !"
Just took this pic of the ID tag on the passenger side door post. Maybe someone more knowledgeable with what the codes mean.

Thank you
Glenn

Attachments:
Matia VI Tag.jpg    43.4 KB
Matia VI Tag.jpg

blam1 Avatar
blam1 Binh Lam
Garden Grove, CA, USA   USA
New member here from SoCal. Only the NA is running at the moment. Hoping to get the NB up soon and turbo in the future.

Attachments:
20170615_203243.jpg    39 KB
20170615_203243.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2016 Mazda MX 5

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links