Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome to all New Members!

We're getting lots of new members every month, so if you've been lurking and not sure where to join, scroll down and reply below.
Tell us a little about yourself, your Mazda, your builds or plans, general interests, etc.

If you want to jump right in and ask a question, please click Start New Topic above.

Thanks,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

Webmaster, MX5 Miata World

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
New member here, have owned a MGB since 1973. Same one. I am going to drive for 9 hrs. Tue. To pick up a 2008 mx5 with retractable hardtop. Auto trans. Anything I should be aware of, look out for? The MGExp forums have been very helpful, I hope this one will be also. Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Virago6 Avatar
Virago6 Carl Johnson
Garner, North Carolina, USA   USA
1997 Mazda Miata NA "Peppy"
New Member, Raleigh NC area. Our Miata, 97 NA is SU Red with black interior. Just turned 165K on the clock.

mowog70 michael long
lima, west central ohio, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
2008 Mazda MX-5
After driving 9.5 hrs one way, finally arrived home with this. The drive across Pennsylvania, at night, at 75-80 mph, through the hills and tunnels was very entertaining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 08:57 PM by mowog70.

Attachments:
image.jpg    42.5 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    39.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Macasii904 Avatar
Macasii904 Mike C
St Augustine, Florida, USA   USA
2015 Mazda MX-5 "Li'l Red"
From St Augustine, Florida
Just acquired 2015 Miata MX-5 Grand Touring Roadster in Zeal Red Mica, 6 spd manual, soft top.
Absolutely love it!

Attachments:
IMG_3943.JPG    37.1 KB
IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG    37.7 KB
Logo2.jpg    11.9 KB
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Looks great Mike! Are manual transmission MX-5s harder to find in the States?
I never understood why someone would put an auto trans in a sports car, until I had to deal with Seattle traffic for a few years grinning smiley

Skye

Member Services:
Macasii904 Avatar
Macasii904 Mike C
St Augustine, Florida, USA   USA
2015 Mazda MX-5 "Li'l Red"
Thanx, Skye.
Mine was hard to find since I was only interested in the Zeal Red Mica
Grand Touring model with soft top and of course, the 6 spd manual.

ArtinNC Art Summers
Conord, North Carolina, USA   USA
Art & Jan Summers ,
We have his and hers MX5 mine is a silver 2004 and Jan's is a galaxy gray 2007 mx5

Attachments:
166427_1558878379671_3790868_n[1].jpg    60.8 KB
166427_1558878379671_3790868_n[1].jpg

DSC_1094.JPG    45.4 KB
jaddington Avatar
jaddington John Addington
Orient, Ohio, USA   USA
Hi!

I'm John Addington, from central Ohio (Orient area if you know central Ohio), I have an '06 MX5, bought new from Direct Mazda (now defunct) from Columbus, Ohio's far east side. This has been my daily driver for 8 of its nine years, hence the high mileage. I now drive a Juke daily and hold the Mazda for sunny weekends. I am about to make a few changes on the car, going to 225/45x17 tires and new wheels as the OEMs are bent from a spin a couple years ago. The car has been wonderful to drive and I've taken it to the east coat and all about Ohio as well as its daily duties as basic driving duties. I've had two accidents with it, both on the left front fender; a deer attacked it at dawn a number of years ago shortly after an incompetent Cadillac driver crushed the same fender. I often sing the praises of the Mazda among the muggles, pointing out how completely reliable the car is and how, for commuting, it makes tremendous sense, making 30 MPG with ample room for me, my briefcase, and my lunch every day.

I am curious about the sort of tires others have had success with on this car. I'm considering Pirelli P7 Centurato, Michelin SS, and currently have Yokohama YK587 on it. I'm a low stress driver, and don't intend to use the car for rallying or racing, but enjoy an occasional romp through the countryside just for the fun of it. And of course the freeway on ramps are tremendous fun.

augustmiata Francois-Marie Arouet
Fairfax, VA, USA   USA
Happy to be here.............

Attachments:
Katie`s C&C.jpg    39.6 KB
Katie`s C&C.jpg

Mr Shane Shane S
Coloma, Michigan, USA   USA
2000 Mazda MX-5 "Eileen"
Here is my new baby... a 2K LS MX-5 with less than 25K on the odometer. She's one of 644 in Evolution Orange. She's got the Bose sound system, Limited Slip differential, 15' rims and more. She's been pampered and has rarely seen rain, and never snow.

Attachments:
car coaster 2.jpg    74.3 KB
car coaster 2.jpg

PioneerMX5 Ron E
Pioneer, CA, USA   USA
2001 Mazda MX-5 "Emma"
New member here, been on Miata.net since before I found my '01 SE/BRG. I'm a retired techie from Silicon Valley who cut my driving 'teeth' in British Roadsters. Five Healey's and a couple of Triumphs, including a '62 'LM" Healey I found at a junkyard in New Hampshire. Life happened, and during most of that I've ridden a variety of motorcycles. Still own three, all Triumph Triples from the late '90's, all BRG.

Where we live I cannot leave my house without being on a fantastic road, so when my quarter-million mile Audi demanded a large cash infusion, we decided that rather than getting another 'utilitarian' vehicle as a second car, we would get something fun. We went through the choices and budget constraints, decided on an NB Miata, drove several (but were not impressed), then stumbled on 'Emma' ...

Attachments:
EmmaHome 003s.JPG    70.1 KB
EmmaHome 003s.JPG

Henrysmum Avatar
Henrysmum Karen Hope-Cross
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand   NZL
Cool on line forum and love seeing all the photos of these awesome cars. I have a 2006 MX5 soft top (black with burgundy roof). It goes like a rocket and we have had loads of great road trips this summer in it. Absolutely love my car and yet to see one with the same colour combo. Every drive is a pleasure smiling smiley

Attachments:
image.jpg    30.7 KB
image.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Must be some lovely autumn drives in NZ at this time of year, I spent a year living in your beautiful country in a Hi-Ace pop top travelling around, actually on rainy days I wrote the software for the first version of this website there smiling smiley

You have a lot of amazing twisty roads, must be an absolutely joy in the MX5! Those roads up the peninsulas north of Picton especially stand out in my mind. The Coromandel was really nice to drive too. Driving down into the Hutt River valley on Hwy 2 was very dramatic! So was driving around Taranaki... actually now that I think about it there were a LOT of great roads to drive.

Skye

Member Services:
Henrysmum Avatar
Henrysmum Karen Hope-Cross
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand   NZL
Hi Skye - you are right - lots of great roads everywhere as many are 2 lane with lots of curves. You can also drive with the top down on a sunny day all year round and not get too cold. Would have been a fun adventure in a pop top !

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Mazda Miata NA

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links